Hospice care is a specialized form of medical care and support that focuses on enhancing the quality of life for individuals with serious illnesses and their families. The primary goal of hospice care is to provide comfort, dignity, expert medical care and physical and spiritual support to patients during the final stages of their life. Here’s how hospice care can improve the quality of life for patients and their families:
- Pain and Symptom Management: Hospice provides expert, disease-specific care. Roze Room places a strong emphasis on pain and symptom management. Your team of healthcare professionals, including our doctors, nurses, and palliative care specialists, work together to ensure that your loved one remains as comfortable as possible. Our care includes developing plans of care unique to each patient that change as their needs change. These plans include medication adjustments and other therapies to control pain and manage symptoms including nausea, difficulty breathing, and other distressing symptoms.
- Emotional and Psychological Support: Our care extends beyond the physical to include emotional and psychological support to patients and to their families and caregivers. Our highly trained counselors and social workers offer counseling and guidance, helping you cope with stress, fear, anger, and emotional distress during this difficult time.
- Individualized Care Plans: Roze Room creates, in partnership with your loved one’s physician, individualized care plans tailored to your loved one’s unique needs and preferences. This includes respecting the patient’s wishes for their end-of-life care, allowing them to maintain a sense of control.
- Comfort and Dignity: Hospice care is often provided in a comfortable and familiar setting, such as the patient’s home or a hospice facility. This environment contributes to a sense of security, familiarity, and dignity for the patient.
- Spiritual Support: Roze Room also offers spiritual support when needed. We understand that individuals facing the end of life may seek guidance and support to help with any spiritual questions or concerns that often occur when facing the end of life. Our chaplains can provide comfort and guidance in accordance with your loved one’s individual beliefs.
- Establishing Goals and Wishes. Roze Room helps your loved one and family consider and share their goals and wishes for the time that remains. This helps ensure your loved one’s wishes will be respected and care will be directed to meet their goals. One of our recent blogs shares tips on how to talk to your doctor about your end-of-life wishes: https://rozeroom.org/how-to-talk-to-your-doctor-about-end-of-life-wishes/
- Reduced Hospitalization: Our expert disease-specific care reduces rehospitalizations and ER visits. Since our care is specifically designed for each patient and their disease, we work to proactively control and manage changing symptoms that often lead to hospitalization.
- Caregiver and Family Support: We recognize that serious illness does not just affect the patient but the entire family. Our care is unique in its support for caregivers and family. We understand the toll of serious illness and the overwhelming emotional and practical challenges caregivers and families often face. Roze Room offers the support of education, guidance, and respite care to ensure well-being during this difficult time.
- Quality Time: Our extra layer of support helps family members regain quality time together and return to their traditional roles as wife, husband, daughter, or son, instead of being solely caregivers. We enable and encourage meaningful connections and the sharing of important moments together, helping the time that remains to be about more than living with a serious illness.
- Grief and Bereavement Support: Our care doesn’t end with your loved one’s passing. Roze Room Hospice provides bereavement support to grieving individuals, families, and communities at any stage of loss. Our Bereavement Team consists of experienced, licensed professionals who believe that grief is a natural and difficult response to loss.
- Improved Quality of Life: All this support combines to help greatly reduce the burden of illness and improve quality of life. Our care empowers families and improves quality of life. Our goal is to help patients live as fully as possible for as long as possible.
Through guidance, understanding, and shared wisdom, Roze Room helps families navigate the burdens and stresses of illness. Understanding the truth about hospice can also help you make informed decisions. Learn more in our blog: Debunking the Myths of Hospice.