Our care usually begins when both the patient and their physician agree that the cancer can no longer be cured, and the focus should shift to quality of life, pain management, and emotional and spiritual support. Roze Room Hospice makes sense when your loved one begins to tire of aggressive treatments that are no longer providing real benefits and their wishes shift to feeling as well as possible for as long as possible.
We improve quality of life for advanced cancer patients by bringing expert care that manages pain and symptoms – care that focuses on both physical comfort and emotional wellbeing. Our team of nurses and physicians works closely with the patient, their family, and their physician to develop a comprehensive care plan based uniquely on their goals, hopes and wishes. We help control the physical and emotional effects of cancer so you and your loved one can regain the ability to focus on what matters most.
How Roze Room Hospice Helps Advanced Cancer Patients
- Respite care services that give family caregivers a much-needed break while providing expert care for your loved one
- Prevention of hospital stays and unplanned ER visits
- Management of physical and emotional pain that results from end stage cancers
- Education about medication and coping with stress and issues related to the illness
- Whole-person, patient-focused care including physical, social, spiritual, and emotional support
- Patient and caregiver access to a registered nurse 24/7 for symptom management
- Education about the disease process, helping you understand your loved one’s disease and how to prepare for changing needs
- Full support from the Roze Room team including our physicians, nurses, CNAs, social workers, chaplains, and volunteers
Advanced Cancer Patients Are Usually Eligible for Roze Room Care When They Exhibit One or More of the Following:
- Cancer has metastasized to multiple sites or is in stage III or IV
- Curative treatment is unlikely to improve quality or length of life
- Unintentional, progressive weight loss
- The burden of treatment on the patient and family outweighs the potential benefits
- Continued decline despite disease-directed treatments
If you’re a family caregiver caring for a loved one with advanced cancer, Roze Room Hospice can bring a level of support, expert care and comfort that improves quality of life for you and your loved one.